Monday, January 08, 2007

TIME TOGETHER

Isaiah 30:15, For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietnes and in confidence shall be your strength and ye would not.

Zephaniah 3:17, The Lord they God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Hebrews 4:9-11, There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10, For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11, Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Even when we are playing we are resting in God, our thoughts never leaving Him who created us. There is nothing wrong with fun. Nothing wrong with taking a day off and just being a couch potato. Today was my day.

Today I rested in the Lord. There is nothing to show I did anything worthwhile to the world. I relaxed and enjoyed myself for a change. I don’t get many days like this, and I enjoy them when they come alone. Sometime we have to make a date with ourselves. Everybody needs a break sometime.

I remember a dear Pastor telling us one time that once in while he turns himself off and watches cartoons. He loves tweedy bird. I see nothing wrong with him doing that, especially our pastors and leaders; they need a break from our problems and us.

I have another friend who is so sweet, but if you call her to do something, she will tell you I can’t today, it is my day. Maybe we can reschedule tomorrow. She makes time for herself just as he does.

One weekend my family left to go out of town. I planned carefully. Making sure I had all I would need in the house. I made a date with God; it was Him and I for 3 days. That night I heard the doorbell ring, I did not answer it. The next morning I heard the doorbell again, but God and I were talking. Later that afternoon when life had returned to normal, my neighbor saw me and asked if I had been at home. I did not lie I told him I had a date with God. He wanted to know why I did not answer the door; the house could have been on fire. I told him if the house would have been on fire he would have been hollering, not ringing the bell twice and then leaving. He thought it was rude of me being home and not answering. I am sorry he was offended but I would do the same again.

Take the time to be alone with yourself and God, and even if all you and Him do is sit on the couch and watch old movies, spend it with Him. You will enjoy the time.

God's blessings to each of you,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home