Thursday, February 22, 2007

AA VERUS JC

AA VERUS JC

Have you ever read the first chapter of The Big Book of AA? It is Bill’s story one of the cofounders of AA. This is an amazing story of a man whose life was spiraling downhill very fast. It is the story of a man who found deliverance through God that he could not find elsewhere.

And from there it goes downhill. Bill remained sober for the rest of his life. Him and the other Bill started meetings that would grow to be huge today. Many people have become sober and clean of drugs because of AA. Why do I say downhill? Bill and Bill started their meetings that God could and would get someone clean and keep them clean. They got religion.

The downhill part they took God out of their meetings. They started telling people to look for a higher power, any higher power. I wonder sometime as I have set in at meetings why would you stand up and declare yourself something that you don’t want to be. Example: “Hi, my name is Sally and I am an alcoholic and/or drug addict.” I will take it a step further I stood up at one such meeting and said: “Hi my name is Sue and I am delivered of alcohol”. It did not go over every good.

It made for a very heated decision after the meeting when I was confronted with “If you have a problem with alcohol you are an alcoholic” No I do not have a problem with alcohol because I have been delivered from it.

How did I walk away and never go back to having a problem, JC? Yes, Jesus Christ. I do not have a problem any more. I have even sat and drunk a glass of wine on occasion. Not the dark liquor straight like I used to drink 24/7. I have never had a desire to do that again. In fact the smell of most liquor and beer makes me sick.

What I do have a problem with is people changing what works for them to make it work for someone else. God never changes. AA changed to adapt itself to make people happy, instead of standing it’s ground and saying this is the only thing that worked for me, they say change what you need to change to make it work for you.

People do that with the Bible also; they take the Word of God and change it to cover what they want to do. Sorry people it is lies, anyway you look at it.

Today I picked up a pamphlet of a well-known religion and noticed that the Bible they are using is one of those storybook bibles. In translating the true Word they have changed the meaning of the Word to suit what they teach.

AA has done basically the same. They changed the meaning to make people happy. I know one that is very happy with the stand to look for your own higher power and that is the devil. He is also very happy with religions that do the same. He knows better then any one that these people are following lies. Lies that will lead you to hell. Oh yes, he is very happy.

As for me, I am proud to say I am delivered and have no problem with drinking. I choose to follow JC, Jesus Christ.

Whom do you choose to follow?

Good Bless,
rECj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home