Tuesday, October 05, 2010

PARTS WE LOVE

We should prostrate ourselves before Him and say, "Thank You that I can have a part in Your service. There are so many people in this world, yet I am chosen to have a part in it!" Consecration is our honor, not our sacrifice. It is true that we need to have the greatest sacrifice, but there is no sense of sacrifice in consecration. There is only the full sense of God's glory.

Blood is the mark of possession. It is also the symbol of love. Both the "price" spoken of in 1 Corinthians 6 and the "love" spoken of in 2 Corinthians 5 refer to this blood. Because there is blood, love, and possession, our entire being is not our own. The Lord has shed His blood, and we must acknowledge the rightful claim of this blood upon us. Because the Lord loves us, we will confess that our entire being belongs to Him alone.

You did not pass me by or reject me; You saved me. Now give me a part among the many who serve You; do not reject me."

"Lord, You have given me the opportunity and the right to come before You and to serve You." It is saying, "Lord, I am Yours. My ears were purchased by the blood; they belong to You. My hands were purchased by the blood; they belong to You. My feet were purchased by the blood; they belong to You. From now on I can no longer use them for myself."

We must see that having the right to be God's servant is the greatest honor of our life. It is a joyful thing for a man to be saved. It is a far more joyful thing for a man to have a part in God's service! Who do we think our God is? We have to see His greatness and His glory. Only then will we see the tremendous significance and honor of this service! What a tremendous thing it is for us to receive His grace and be counted worthy of serving Him!

God's Blessing to each of you,
rECj/LJG

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home