Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Today is the day the nation celebrates a day of Thanksgiving. But we must remember that as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ EVERY day is a day of Thanksgiving for us.

We should start our day when we open our eyes thanking Him. Thank Him that you are able to get up and do for yourself. We are able to cook and feed ourselves. We can talk, see, and breathe on our own. We should be thankful that He supplies all our needs and requirements. As a believer we DO NOT go without nor are we ever in lack. He never lefts or forsake us.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. Luke 6:45 and Matthew 12:34. Is God in your heart? Is goodness coming out when you speak? Do you gripe and complain all the time? No one on this earth wants to be around a person like that. No, like God we like to be around people who are happy in the Lord. I do understand that all of our lives has its trials, its ups and downs, but in the midst of all this we are to give THANKS. Our mouth was made for praising God. What is your mouth saying? Mine wants to get to the grumping and complaining and then I think, "oh no, God forgive me. I am so thankful I am able to do whatsoever needs to be done.

The meek will inherit the earth. Being meek is not a sign of 'weakness' it is a sign of 'controlled power.' I am learning to be meek. I am one of those people who like to be in control of everything. I am learning to let go and let God. How bout you?

Every day we have so much to be thankful for. Remember the old song, 'Court your blessings, name them one by one?' Every day we should write down all the things we have to be thankful for and boy will we be surprised. I know I am. I am surrounded by people who love me and help take care of me. My family is a joy to be. My grandsons are such a light unto my soul. I am so thankful for my children. What a blessing from God they are. I am able to breathe on my own. I am able to praise God and being able to praise God is such a joy, blessing and most important praising God is my most thankful thing in my life. Hugging my children and grand children are and other thankful thing in my life. Ok, so I am rambling but these are the things that are important to me. What is your thankful life?

How many of you are grumping and tired from the cooking and cleaning that you have to do for this day? Don't you realize that we should be thankful that we are able to do all that needs to be done? Your family loves what you cook and being able to be with you on this day. How many days during the year do you call your family and say come on over tomorrow, I am cooking? Praise God that you are still alive and able to do all these things. Do you not realize that you really don't have to do all you do? Do you realize that you could be in a place where you can't be around your love ones and certainly not be able to cook and clean for your family. There are many people in that situation right today. I was there this time last year. So you better know that I am thankful for this day the Lord has given me.

So be blessed on this day and every other day of our lives. Praise God, like David, old and I have never the righteous forsaken or begging for bread. Thank you Jesus.

Linda/rECj

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home