Thursday, March 01, 2007

OVER USED WORD

Lord my God
You love me
You forgive me
When I ask
You are mine
I think the word love is so overused that we do not know the true meaning of the word anymore. I am speaking of people in general. Love is something that comes from the heart. It bubbles up inside of you and there is no holding it back. Real love is feeling for the barefoot stranger that you want to walk up and hug them and they have no idea who you are. Love is not being ashamed to stand by someone when the rest of the world thinks they are wrong. Love is hearing of the death of someone who killed many and your heart aches for the lost that they never had, God. It is crying when you think of the past hurts you have done to others. It is the joy of a butterfly and the cat trying to catch it. Love is not the act of making love, though it can be, when God has put it together, not man. And no matter how deep we feel what we think of as love for another , it cannot put a pin hole in the love that God has for us, ever lasting never changing. Yes the word love is over used in to many ways. So I love as much as I am capable of and know that it is nothing compared to the love God has for me.

I agree with you that the word "love" is not known by a lot of people and is certainly misused. To most people I think they use the word to replace the word "pain, hurt, and abuse." Love is not sacred to most people. It means nothing to them. It is so often used to get their way and the things that are important to them. They have no thought of what they are doing to us when they do that. What a shame.


God Bless,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home