Sunday, November 04, 2007

JESUS SLEPT

Yes, the Man slept. In three verses of scripture we are told that He was woke up. To be woke up one has to be asleep.

Matthew 8:25 (King James Version) And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish
25 Mark 4:38 (King James Version) And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
Luke 8:24 (King James Version)And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.

Why do I think it is important for us to know that Jesus slept? Think about it. We are to act like Him, aren’t we? Okay, did you sleep last night? Good then you have copied Jesus. What else did you do like Him today?

Oh I understand you had to get up and go to work. Well I did also. Let’s go back to when you woke up. Did you spend some time with Him this morning? Okay I understand the alarm went off and you were rushing to work. So you are in the car on your way to work. Did you pray on the way to work? I know you were dropping the children and then you had to stop for breakfast. Believe me, I do understand. Oh, you car pool, and they had the radio on, yes I know B was arrested again, O went to her school in Africa twice, and of course the weather.

Okay you got to work. Did you pray? I know that report has to get done, and the boss came in and wanted to talk. I know believe me, I understand. Lunchtime, did you pray? I know the girls were all there and they were talking and well, I know, I understand. Which brother is Reba married to this week anyway, and is Jack really going to jail, I do think he is the father of Phyllis’s baby. Oh sorry, got lost there for a moment.

Okay we are off work and have football practice, or dancing lessons, did we talk about Jesus with anyone. I know the game/recital is next week, and after all you do need to talk about uniforms/costumes. But now you are on the way home, yes I understand the children/carpool is talking and the radio is on. I really do think that Jack is the father of Phyllis’s baby, don’t you? Oops, I did it again.

Now you are home, and well there is homework, and housework, and dinner/supper [whatever you choose to call it] and now the dishes have to be washed. Oh wait a minute it’s time for your favorite show. The house is quite, baths taken, everyone in bed. Now you can take some time to be like Jesus…….

Jesus slept.

God Bless,
rECj/LJG

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home