Monday, September 19, 2011

ONE WOMAN'S STORY

I was a kinda on again/off again Christian, you could say . . . I am proud to say that Women of Faith changed that. Something happened to me there last year, and it was a good thing. I am now a 24/7 ‘Women of Faith’ and loving every minute of it.
When I was at Women of Faith I went to the prayer room. A woman there was so sweet and caring. She talked to me for a long time, and we prayed a lot. When I went back to my seat there was a skit being played out on abortion. I was pushed into [an abortion] in my early twenties. I felt as if I could not breathe, I wanted to run out of that place as fast as I could, yet I stayed―even though I felt my heart being ripped outta my chest, I stayed.
At some point during that weekend, it just hit me like a slap in the face!You are not alone Kathy, you ARE loved. The world as I knew it was not so scary and I was not so hated. God loves me. ME. God loves me!
I could now start healing―after almost 50 years―I can now start healing with God’s love. It was like He wrapped his arms around me that weekend and just hugged me and said I am here, I have always been here.

So, am I healed now? No, not even close. I do, however, have God in my heart and in my life. I am healing slowly. I know the pain in me is so deep that God is the only way to heal. He is the only one that can handle me and my pain and past.
I have been so very blessed in my life. I have the best husband in the world, I have 4 wonderful kids, and guess what? They all love me! I did not see that until Women of Faith.
I cannot wait to be there this year, you have no idea how much I have been looking forward to this. And I plan on being at one every year from now on! Thank you for changing my life for the better.
— Kathy R.
http://www.womenoffaith.com/blog/2011/08/one-womans-story-247-woman-of-faith-by-kathy-r/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home