Monday, October 17, 2011

SOLID FOUNDATION


Michelangelo’s David stands in a rotunda in Florence, Italy. A very impressive statue, known the world over. Why though have I shown it from the back? Look closely at the bottom right. A tree stump that most do not notice or comment on. It is not ornamental, but a vidal part of the statue. Without this stump to balance the entire work of art, the masterpiece would have toppled centuries ago.
In our relationship with Christ, we need a solid foundation. Without a solid base, we also will topple. The tests that we go through in life are too heavy for us to support alone. It is only with the proper support that we will be able to stand, and that support can only happen with an intimacy with Christ. Our relationship with the Lord needs to be build on intimacy with Christ.
Psalms 27:8 When You said, ‘Seek My face’, my heart said to You, ‘Your face, oh Lord, I shall I seek.’
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
Psalms 46:10 Be still, an know that I am God.

God Bless,
recj/LJG

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home