Friday, August 03, 2007

SATURDAY EDITORIAL

FAVOR

rECj and me where talking the other night about some one very dear and near her heart. She told me that this person was always looked upon with "favor." And she was wondering when hers (rECj) was going to come. Well, that got me to thinking and praying.

Gal 1:10
For do I now persuade (convince) men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Now it seems to me, from what little I know of this person, that she is getting her "favor" from men. Now by men I don't mean just men. I am using the word men as Paul did in Gal 1:10. Her "favor" isn't coming from God. Of yes, we all like to have people favor us and give to us but ask yourself this very important question, Do I want man's favor or would I rather have the favor of God? Me, I want God's favor as does rECj.

Luke 1:30
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Just as Mary found "favor" with God, so do we. No, of course we aren't talking about having God's only son, but by accepting Him. AHHHH JESUS, sweet to speak and sweet to hear, the name that refreshes the fainting spirit of humble sinners and gives us a reason for going on with life.

We must, as Mary here, guide our desires by the word of God. In all conflicts, let us remember that with God nothing shall be impossible (Luke 1:37); and as we read and hear His promises, let us turn them into prayers, Behold the willing servant of the Lord; let it be unto me according to thy word (Luke 1:38).

Act 7:10
And delivered him (Joseph) out of all his afflictions, and gave him favour and wisdom in the sight of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house.

Jesus owned Joseph during all of this tribulations both in mind an spirit. He took him from the pit where his very own brothers cast him down and brought Joseph up to high rank of governor of Egypt. Do you really think God will do any less for us?

God wants to do so much for us but WE limit His power. The angel told Mary to fear not, which is an assurance from God. In order to find "favor" with our God, we must trample on all that hinders our way to Him. Is it going to be easy to do that? No it will not. But then that depends on whose "favor" we are trying to win, men or God?

God's blessings to each of you,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home