Friday, August 24, 2007

SATURDAY EDITORIAL

Thanks to Kenneth Copeland and Jesse DePlantis for today's editorial. Please bear with me while I ramble for a little bit. I was raised in the same Ole Timey Baptist Chruch, no that wasn't the name of it, as my precious rECj. Like she has told yall, it was a "fire and brimstone if you don't do what the Lord says thru my mouth you are going straight to the pit and there you will stay." Now who in their right mind would want to live in the congregation with fire constantly burning you, worms crawling in, out and all over you, and here are your best worldly friends wanting to fight you all the time? Not to mention their ain't no water down for any of yall either. One of my earliest memories is seeing me sitting on a stack of song books on the bench, yes it was what is called a "pew" nowadays. I have heard this scripture preached off and on all my life and trust me, my first memories started when I was 3 years old. But until today I have never heard it put like this or if I do I don't remember it. So now we get to the meat and gravy.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

What do you think of when the word "mountain" is spoken? My first thoughts are of this majestic stone creation raising up to the sky. But not anymore. A mountain is anyting in your life that you are having a hard time dealing with. A mountain is anything in your life that should not be there in the first place. Maybe you invited this mess into your life and maybe it just dropped on in and decided to stay a while.

OK..we been born again, we got faith, we believe , we got the grain of mustard seed and we are going to move this mountain. Ummmm, it ain't moving? "Oh Lord I need You to move this mountain for me to yonder place. I am tired of it bothering me so." Is that what the scripture says? No is not. It say, "If ye (YOU) have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye (YOU) shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto YOU."

When we say, now Lord I want You.....that is a prayer. God did say pray, at least not with the mountain you want moved, He said YOU speak to this mountain to move hence it has to move to yonder place. Don't be mad at me cause God has blessed me to be bold enough to walk right up to my mountain and tell it to get on out of here. When God says I can do something I know I can and will do it. He just told me that "nothing shall be impossible with me." Why should He move something that He more than likely but in your life or allowed to be put in your life in the first place?

Yes, we have to be prayed up, faithed up and ready to go when the time comes. The longer we put off what we have been told to do the longer we are going to messing around with this mountain mess. Remember this, God can take the biggest, bitterest and uglyest mess and create a beautiful master piece from it. But only after WE take that first step to move the mountain.

Want some one to help you pray? Drop us a line and we will but only in the area of getting YOU prayed and faithed up. The moving part is on YOU.

God's Blessings to each of you,
LJG/rECj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home