Thursday, September 20, 2007

PSALMS AND PROVERBS DAY FIVE

Psalm 21 The occasion is victory or celebration. Count your blessings, rejoice in the Lord’s blessings. We trust in the Lord, be exalted Lord, we will sing and praise Your might.

Psalm 22 is calling out to the Lord, why have You forsaken me. Our fathers trusted in You and they were saved. People laugh at me for trusting in You, You who brought me into the world, and I have never been far from You. I feel as if I were nothing, but You I know are not far off. Come quickly and help me. In the end all will kneel before You.

Psalm 23 is probably better known then any other word of scripture. This is the AMP translation and to me it says it all: 1 THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. 2 He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. 3 He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake. 4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [a]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over. 6 Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

Psalm 24 tells us everything is the Lord’s, he founded it and established everything. Who though may go and stand before the Lord? Those who have clean hands and a pure heart, will receive the blessings from the Lord. Who is our King, the Lord strong and mighty, the King of glory.

Psalm 25 Praise and worship to our Lord. We lift up our souls to the one we trust. Those who trust in You will never be ashamed. Show me, teach me, guide me for You are my Savior. When you think of me Lord, think of me with mercy and love, not of the sins of my youth. The Lord will instruct the one that fears Him and give him prosperity. The Lord will confide in those who fear Him. Enemies have attacked me, I take my refuge in You and You will guard my life and protect me. Redeem us from all our troubles.

Proverbs 5 Pay attention, listen well, maintain discretion. The adulteress again, anything that turns our heart from it’s first love which is Christ. Do not be as one who says at the end of their days, I hated discipline or to listen to instructions. All of man’s ways are before the Lord.

Footnotes:
a. Psalm 23:5 It is difficult for those living in a temperate climate to appreciate, but it was customary in hot climates to anoint the body with oil to protect it from excessive perspiration. When mixed with perfume, the oil imparted a delightfully refreshing and invigorating sensation. Athletes anointed their bodies as a matter of course before running a race. As the body, therefore, anointed with oil was refreshed, invigorated, and better fitted for action, so the Lord would anoint His "sheep" with the Holy Spirit, Whom oil symbolizes, to fit them to engage more freely in His service and run in the way He directs--in heavenly fellowship with Him.

LJG's thoughts

The joy of my life is the Lord. My salvation is in the Lord. He has granted me great favor and blessings. I will look forward to receiving them and a crown at the end of my journey. I am happy in the Lord. He is going to find and remember my enemies, He will destroy them. His enemies and mine are the same. I will sing His praises at all times thru all things. The joy of my life is the Lord. My salvation is in the Lord. He has granted me great favor and blessings. I will look forward to receiving them and a crown at the end of my journey. I am happy in the Lord. He is going to find and remember my enemies, He will destroy them. His enemies and mine are the same. I will sing His praises at all times thru all things. Ah yes, the blessed prayer of the believer. All the promises of God are right here in this chapter. How blest I am. What more could I possibly want or need than to know than what is here in this chapter. I am walking on Holy ground when walking on this earth. He owns everything which means we do too. I must keep His words of instruction within my heart and act on them as He would do. My God is a forgiving One. He never holds a grudge against me for all the wrongs I have comitted in my life. He will keep me from be ashamed. I will always have praises for Him upon my lips. He knows all that trouble me. He knows my afflications and is able to deliever me. He answers all my prayers, not always in accordance with my wishes, but according to His perfect will. I choose to follow, fear and respect the wishes of Him that created me for His purpose.
Proverbs 5
I am going to burn in the fire if I refuse to listen to and apply the words of knowledge and wisdom. I must not listen to or follow after unstable people. These people are the destruction of life. They laugh at us for being so weak. There is no truth in them. They are the world and I am not to a part of this world. My world, my true world lies ahead of me. I must not be moved. I just love verse 15: Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well. How simple and beautiful is the description of love. Variety is not the spice of life. Stay out of another's pasture. I must never forget, God knows my every thought as well as knowing my comings and goings. How if I can't be true to my love here on earth, then how in the world can I be true to God? God is the fountain that I want to continually be drinking from. Nothing must ever remove me from the course set before me.

Scripture for tomorrow Psalms 26 ~ 30 Proverbs 6

God Bless,
rECj/LJG

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Exodus 23:2
Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home