Sunday, October 14, 2007

REST

Genesis 1: 31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work, which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which he had done.

Today at work I accomplished a lot, even more then I thought I would do, as the boss asked me to do some extra things. Tomorrow I am off. Even now sitting here I can look back at my day and see where I did a good thing, a very good thing. Tomorrow I can rest at home knowing that my job today will even made it easier for those who will be at work tomorrow.

I remember my dad coming in from a long day. He would take off his hat, untie his boots and slip them off. He would lean back in his chair and throw one leg over the arm of the chair and smile. He was as happy and content as all get out. He knew that he had done a good thing. He had worked, provided for his family. In other words He had done a very good thing. Myself I come in, take off my shoes, undress and slip into something comfortable and just sit in my favorite chair and rest.

We know from the Bible that God has a throne, and I can see Him sitting there. That throne has a soft cushion, and is very comfortable. He puts His feet up on His footstool and leans back and listens to the angels singing to Him. He knows He has done a good thing.

Even now with all that is going on in the world, I know He is not worried or fretting about anything. He knows that His Son Jesus has paid all our debts, and He knows the end of the story. He sits back and relaxes and listens to the angels singing.

The Lord wants us to rest with Him. Look at Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. When we rest, we are to rest in Christ. No matter what happens we know that our Father knows the end of the story.

LISTEN is that angels I hear singing, or is it me singing to my Lord?

God Bless,
rECj/LJG

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Gen 18:4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home