Sunday, May 22, 2011

SUNDAY EDITORIAL

MAY 22, 2011

Alot in the news this week. Sometime I wonder why I even read it. The paper in my town is called a rag by most of us, they report news from the larger towns around us, while forgoing most news in our area.

Thanks to the internet I am told much more then I can begin to want or care to know. Arnold admitting to a love child, for some reason was no suprise. I admit to a little interest in the Casey trial going on in Florida. After OJ nothing will suprise me there. Being a Christian she is innocent until proven guilty, so I would like to see some facts about what did happen to this child. Macho Man Randy Savage is dead, which only got me to thinking about Elizabeth, who died from a drug overdose years ago. Of course reading newspapers and watching news only confuses me, well maybe the court will show just facts. Then I saw about the couple who claim to be Jesus and Mary, to be followed by Jesus is coming Saturday at 6pm. Okay I admit sometime it takes me time to think over things, but if He was here already, how then is He coming this afternoon. [It is Saturday around 1pm as I write this.]

If you are in fact reading this, well another false call. I do remember the Bible saying nobody would know. First do not go looking for the word rapture in the Bible, you will not find it. What we do find is scripture that points to Christ's return.

1 Thess 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words. ***

We can be comforted by these Words, He is surely comming again. When He is coming, is given to us also.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

The bigger question should be are we ready when He does come?

God Bless
recj/LJG

*** People, please, don't be just plain stupid to believe every word that comes out of the men of this world. If you know God then you know the truth. If you don't know God please get your heart right with God so we can meet you on the other side.
I am looking forward to seeing my love ones knowing that we will never be separated again. Now that thought just plain wants to make me shout with joy.
What really saddens me the most is verse 13 'even as those who have no hope.' Do you have hope? Are you watching the Eastern Sky for the return of our Lord? Are you listening for the loud voice and the trump? So, you afraid of heights or flying? You won't be then. LJG

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home