Friday, August 11, 2006

STILL WORKING ON MY MOUTH

I hope ya'll are having an easier time guarding your mouth than I am. At least am I am realizing that I'm not and immediately say I'm sorry. Ever been browsing thru the Bible and come across a passage that really touches your heart? Really felt that it was meant just for you? That is what Mathew 5:21-26 is to me. There has been overs, but when you feel condemned what you are doing wrong, that is one of God's way of speaking to us.

Nope, we don't always listen. We just have to go on our merry way and do it our way. Then we wonder why we have so many problems in our lives. Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just PRAY? I think sometimes that is where and why we fail so often. If we are going to use our mouth anyway why not use it for praying? Don't you think that would be the best way of making sure we do guard our mouth?

A lot of us only pray at night, like we were raised to do. But in Thess. we are told to "pray without ceasing." To me that means we are to pray all the time. How can we pray without being on our knees? It doesn't say we have to be on our knees all the time. There are a lot of disabled that can't get on their knees. Does that mean their prayers aren't going to get outside of their house? Of course it doesn't. God hears and answers when we obey.

When people see our lips moving and can't see the person with us, they think, boy is she crazy. Why should we care? We are never alone and that means that God is always hearing our thoughts. OK, you don't feel comfortable moving your lips when you are alone, then use your mind. He is going to hear us no matter which way we pray.

Well, I will keep on working on my mouth and hope ya'll do the same.

God's blessings to each of you,

LJG/rEcj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home