Tuesday, August 07, 2007

SAFETY OF ABIDING IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

As we read verses 1 thru 13 it is easy to see that the Lord is speaking to us. I am going to ask you to read 14 thru 16 this way.
Because I have set My love on You, therefore You will deliver me; You will set me on high, because I have known Your name.
I shall call on You, and You will answer me; You will be with me in trouble; You will deliver me and honor me.
With long life You will satisfy me, and show me Your salvation.

Everything in the Bible is written to each one of us as an individual. Look at what happens when we change the wording to speak directly to us. We are not changing the meaning of the Word of the Lord here; we are addressing ourselves as He intended the Word to be.

Another way to read it is like this: When I set my love on Christ, He will deliver me; He will set me on high; because I know His name, who He is. When I call on Him, He will answer; He will be with me in trouble, He will deliver me and honor me. He will satisfy me with long life, and show me His salivation.

Isn’t it wonderful to know that not only will God deliver us, but He will also set us on high? To know that when we call on Him, He will in fact answer. He will not only be with me in the trouble but also deliver me out of it. He will also honor me. He will give me long life and show me His salvation.

What a mighty God we serve as the old Baptist hymn goes. Angels bow before Him, Heaven and earth adore Him, What a mighty God we serve.

Take the time when you read God’s Word to read it as a personal letter to yourself. There are lessons upon lessons to be learned. They are all addressed to each one of us.

Look at the scriptures about Jabez; the word is listed only four times in the Bible. We all probably remember a few years ago when everyone was talking about the prayer of Jabez. It is listed first as a city or town in Chronicles 2:55. Two books later in 1 Chronicles 4:9,10, in the middle of so and so begat so and so, we are told Jabez was more honorable then his brothers. His mother called him Jabez because she bore him in pain. Then the man himself speaks, after his prayer the scripture goes back to so and so begat so and so. Everyone was suddenly praying his prayer and seeing answers, seeing results.

Hidden in the Bible are many more truths that we only have to find, believe and speak them into our life’s. Speak them as belonging to you, and then get ready for answers, they will come.

God Bless,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home