Saturday, August 04, 2007

SUNDAY EDITORIAL

Oh that LJG would take this mantel from my shoulders this day. No she wisely replied, it is yours today. [Saturday and Sunday are our personal days respectively.] It is not for lack of joy in my life, or blessings running over.

I just did not want to write. I wanted to rest in all the Lord has done for me the past few days I wanted to be selfish and turn inward.

Why though should I not want to share all that God has been doing in my life? Why should I not want to brag or boast of my Father’s love?

Surely LJG has ridden this train with me. As my mentor of God, she knew when to talk, ask questions and even when to be still. She had ridden this train herself years ago. She knows as do I who the Conductor is.

But to be real at times it felt like a run away train. I was holding on by weakening fingers. So tired I thought I could go no more. When I wondered my God will this ride end? What am I missing I need to learn? Can’t we just do this another time?

Can’t we just do this another time?
You are my strength, I love you so
But Lord there’s more then one battle going on
I’m fighting to the front, getting hit from the back
Now two are coming at my opposite sides

If I fail, I repeat this, I know is true
Lord could you please give me some retreat
From at least one or two
I slipped and lost ground with the ones at my sides
Lord forgive me, I’m sorry, help me to stand

In the mist of it all
Someone asked who are you
And boldly I stood and said
An heir to the throne
A child of Christ

I laid in my bed, and God said to me
This one is taken care of
I wondered is it wishful thinking on my part
No He confirmed it with a call
It was the strength I needed to stand up tall

He also let me know
It won’t always be so
There are times when
There will be no light
Before the sun will rise

But under the shadow of His wings
I cannot see no light
As a child standing under her Daddy’s arm
I can tell all the bully’s
Look, see Who I've got protecting my rights

So I stand
And I say Whoosh I am back up, get off
The Conductor’s in charge
It might look like my train
But I gave it to Him.

He fights my battles
His strength, not mine
So back up, get off
I don’t have time
There are souls to be saved

And as for me
Well I did write this you see
But now I will stop
And spend time with Him
I’ll tell Him I love Him

As always,
Never not enough
And thank Him for loving me, enough
For all He’s done
And all He’s going to do

Bless me
Enlarge my territory
Let me cause no pain
But for now Sweet Jesus
Hold me in Your warm embrace.

rECj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home