Tuesday, November 06, 2007

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE

WORD OF WISDOM
HAND It is the symbol of human action (Psalm 9:16; Job 9:30; Isaiah 1:15; 1 Timothy 2:8). Washing the hands was a symbol of innocence (Psalm 26:6; 73:13; Matthew 27:24), also of sanctification (1 Corinthians 6:11; Isaiah 51:16; Psalm 24:3, 4). The right hand denoted the south, and the left the north (Job 23:9; 1 Samuel 23:19). To give the right hand was a pledge of fidelity (2 Kings 10:15; Ezra 10:19); also of submission to the victors (Ezek. 17:18; Jeremiah 50:15). The right hand was lifted up in taking an oath (Genesis 14:22, etc.). The hand is frequently mentioned, particularly the right hand, as a symbol of power and strength (Psalm 60:5; Isaiah 28:2). To kiss the hand is an act of homage (1 Kings 19:18; Job 31:27), and to pour water on one's hands is to serve him (2 Kings 3:11). The hand of God is the symbol of his power: its being upon one denotes favour (Ezra 7:6, 28; Isaiah 1:25; Luke 1:66, etc.) or punishment (Exodus 9:3; Judges 2:15; Acts 13:11, etc.). A position at the right hand was regarded as the chief place of honour and power (Psalm 45:9; 80:17; 110:1; Matthew 26:64).

SOURCE: Easston's Bible Dictionanry


Do you choose to live by man or by God? Whom do you let guide you in the actions that you take on a day-to-day basis?

I pray that it is the Lord. But honestly we can all look back over our day and see were we could have done it better. We could have taken a minute to do something better for ourselves or even better for another.

My choice is to live for the Lord. I do not always do so. Yeah, here I sit writing to others and my life is not perfect. Why should I not be honest with you, I want you to trust LJG and myself, so should I let you know we make mistakes. To let you know that we are human, and just as you make mistakes, so do we. We do not sit ourselves up higher then anyone except unbelievers. And yes boldly I will say I am a Christian and with that I have rights and privileges and I am an Heir to the throne. I do have a Heavenly Father that I asked into my life, and I serve Him daily. But yes these two old ladies have problems, and sometime we fall.

I loved that commercial “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” well I have fallen, we both have, and our Father is right there to give us a hand up.

Our choice is to live for Jesus, and if we fall, as we have and will again, then because of that choice we will be lifted back up. We do not get disowned because of our mistakes, whether big or small. Yes, we might have a scratch or two, but we look at those bruises and know that we have learnt from that fall.

You have a choice today; you can give your life to Christ if you haven’t. And if you have fallen, then reach out your hand and see who will be there. He is waiting for you. Don’t let mistakes in your life pull you down and keep you down. Take the hand of Jesus let Him pull you up and then look at that mistake, that fall, and see what you can learn from it.

The choice is yours, where do you stand today?

Heavenly Father, I want to have a relationship with You, I want You to be the Lord of my life. Take me just as I am, clean me, mold me, shape me, into who You would have me to be. I am a sinner and I ask forgiveness right now, and I know from what I have learnt that You forgive me when I ask. Now Lord I thank You for accepting me and in giving my life to You I now look to You for all in my life.

I surrender all to You Christ, I have fallen. You know I have fell, and are waiting for me to ask You to help me up. I know You will, because of the promises You have made to me. Help me Lord to understand why I have fell, and teach me how not to fall in this area of my life again.

Now Praise the Lord for He has done it.

How right my rECj is. We must all remember that our God's Hand can always reach further down than our's can ever reach up. Just lift your feeble hand and feel His strenght flowing thru you. Once we have accepted Him into our lives, He is always there for us, always willing and capable to forgive us and lift us out of any deep ruts we have allowed ourselves to fall into . Don't wait, reach out right now..

God Bless,
rECj/LJG

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Act 9:41 And he gave her [his] hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home