Saturday, January 05, 2008

SUNDAY EDITORIAL

IF I AM WRONG, I DO NOT WANT TO BE RIGHT
Last night that old song “If loving you is wrong, I don’t want to be right” woke me up. That is how I feel about my relationship with the Lord. I will say that we believe the way we do because of studying and research. We do not accept things just because they are told to us. At the same time we know that God does not open the eyes of all because they choose to believe falsehoods. They desire to know the truth, but not to the point of letting go of that which is not true, or does not line up with what they want to believe.
There does not seem to be a day that goes by that LJG and myself are not e-mailing or calling each other with did you see this, or I woke up with this on my mind. We expect to hear from God and though He does not come each day at 6 a.m., we know that he will speak to us. He continues to guide us to things we did not know or fully understand. He will also refresh us on things that we have known for years.
If we are wrong, then no we do not want to be right. We want to believe in God Almighty, Who never changes. We choose to believe in God who corrects us, who enlightens us, who guides us. We choose to believe in a God who says ME, not anyone or anything else. We choose to believe in God who is not as plain and visible as the nose on our face. We choose to believe in God that we have to seek.
We choose to believe in a God who nudges us when we do something wrong, Who says to us, “That My Dear Child is wrong” and we know it is done in love. Oh there have been times we have said “But Lord” and there have been times we did it our own way, only to find out doing it His way would have been better and the lesson learned shorter, but we learned. In learning we have grown.

Oh we are far from perfect, we are imperfection being molded. Molded by the very Hand of the Lord.
JUST AS I AM
Just as I am, without one plea
But that Thy blood was shed for me
And that thou bidd’st me to come to thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!
Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I Come! I come!
Just as I am, tho tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fighting and fears with-in, with-out,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!
Just as I am-poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,
O Lamb Of God, I come! I come!
Just as I am-Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because thy promise I believe
O Lamb of God, I come! I come! A-MEN
Charlotte Elliott/William B. Bradbury
God Bless,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home