Thursday, May 08, 2008

LET THIS HOUR PASS

WORD OF WISDOM
SHADOW ~ Used in Colossians 2:17; Hebrews 8:5; 10:1 to denote the typical relation of the Jewish to the Christian dispensation.

Source: Easton's Bible Dictionary




Source: faithclipart

Mark 11:35 He went a little further, fell to the ground, and began to pray that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him.

That scripture could apply to any of us. We have all been in places were we did not want to be. Lord I know this is your will, is there a chance we can forgo this one step? There have been times in my life where I prayed for a little rest before we continue. I am not strong enough, let me rest, strengthen me and then we can go on.

Even the Lord Jesus asked His Father ‘can this pass?’ Then He said ‘Your will not mine.’ Oh that we could do that more. Is there anything in our life that can compare with what He suffered for us? This shows that He was human, even Jesus asked can we stop now.

Your will not mine! As we go through things in life, we have to remember He knows the outcome. His will is that we will not fail; His will is that we can hold on, stand strong and make it till the end.

We must remember that when we are going through a valley, the sides of the valley is high on each side of us, the shadows can leave us in dark places not knowing what is up ahead. In the shadow of the Almighty is when we are to find our rest in the Lord. In the shadow we are in fact in the dark, but it is that very darkness that is protecting us from harm, if we stay in the shadow.

Psalm 91 (King James Version)
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

By staying in His shadow we are promised that angels will keep charge over us, we will call on Him and He will answer us, He will be with us in trouble. He will deliver us and honour us. I love verse 16 it does not say with long life we will be tormented, it says with long life He will satisfy us, and then it tells us He will show us His salvation.

This hour shall pass, and we will be with Him. Praise the Lord.

God Bless,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home