Saturday, April 24, 2010

SATURDAY EDITORIAL

Ruth 1:16-17

But Ruth said:
Entreat me not to leave you,
Or to turn back from following after you;
For wherever you go, I will go;
And wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people,
And your God, my God.
Where you die, I will die,
And there will I be buried.
The Lord do so to me, and more also,
If anything but death parts you and me.

Often, when the noise and chaos of our surroundings gets
to overwhelming proportions, I remember a book I once read
about a family whose three daughters had drowned while
playing together on an iced-over pond.

The mother, when hearing people innocently complain, would
think of how much she would give to have her home, now
painfully neat and quiet, again filled with the noise and
chaos that comes with the presence of children.

My prayer immediately becomes: "Lord, help me to deal with
our precious children not in frustration but in Godly love,
and accept that a little mess and noise always comes with
the territory!"

God Bless You!

Annie

mailto:annie@gophercentral.com
Email Annie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home