Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TRIMMING AND PRUNING

Yes it is that time of the year, we both live in the south, so we never really put up the lawn mowers, but the plants they need some tending to. You can actually encourage premature death by not trimming and pruning plants properly. Just by taking some time to trim back a few lower limbs you can dramatically and quickly improve both the health and appearance of your plants.

One advantage of trimming is you can actually influence the direction your plant grows. Overgrown or struggling plants will benefit fom a little pruning, even healthy plants. Pruning makes your plant look better and feel better, it allows the palnt support system to send vital energy and nutrients and encourage new and more vigorous growth. The result a lusher, healthier and better looking plant.

Here are several reasons to prune plants: to remove dead, weak, or unsightly branches; to re-invigorate plant growth...new leaves and branches grow faster; to reshape the plant into a more desirable shape; to produce denser and bushier appearance; to thin out growth, providing more air circulation and light.
John 15:1-5 The Vine and the Branches

1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Footnotes: [a] John 15:2 The Greek for prunes also means cleans.
Okay, you should have known I was going somewhere else with this. Reread verse two, good or bad you are going to get some pruning.

LJG and I both unaware that the other was doing the same, have been seeking the Lord to know Him better, to have a stronger understanding of Him and His word, and to be closer to Him and His will in our life's.

We are rarely not on the same page and today as we IM'ed each other we found that again we were seeking the same. The Lord had led me to teaching that I was under years ago, and I went to share this with LJG and she just this morning was praying Lord help me with my studying.

We have always told you that study is the key. Do not take man/woman’s word for everything. Study for yourself, whatever you are told. Do not take our word as fact read and study yourself. I bet you don't hear too many preachers tell anyone that.

I do not wish to go into false doctrine here, but that is how false doctrine got it's foot into the door and many people right now today are in buildings [I refuse to call them churches] listening to lies that are not even in the Bible to say that they are misquoted.

So LJG and I are beginning our new journey. We are going back to the basics. Now the fun part for you is you can go with us.
These blogs are our life’s, our walks, falls, and yes new journeys. We will be writing on our trimming and pruning as we desire and seek out the Lord for a closer, richer walk with Him, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

And to do that we will go back to 'How to study the Bible.'

As always your comments, questions and remarks are welcome.

God Bless Indeed
recj/LJG

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home