Monday, April 12, 2010

PEACEFUL TIMES

Genesis 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
For what purpose did you create the 3rd and 4th day?

The two most peaceful times in my life were both outside in the summer. One was at a camp by a lake in Florida. The second was in the Catskill Mountains in New York.
In Florida I was on a hill under a covered area over looking the lake. There was a soft but cool breeze blowing. To look out at the work of my Lord and know that He alone had created such beauty moved me to such peacefulness. Nothing in the world could ever touch me to bring harm to me. I was surrounded by love.

The second time in the mountains was different. I was with family members totaling two adults and seven children. One of the few times all my mother's offspring were together. On this one mountain we came across a tiny but very well maintained church. It had been burnt but reconstructed. Even with all those people there was a peace felt that went beyond any words I could have expressed. Again I knew that nothing in the world could ever touch me to bring harm to me.

Is this only the thoughts of a child, such peacefulness? No, it was the Lord showing a child what I could have in this world of so much violence. I should be able to have that much peace always. Alas I am human and this flesh with these eyes and ears, sees and hears things it would love to erase forever not only from my mind, but from all those who also see and hear the violence around us.
Peacefulness that can only now be felt by being in the present of the Lord God Almighty.

Oh Thank You Lord that as a child I felt the touch of Your Hand so I would know it when I grew older. To know within that no matter what harshness I see and hear in this world, Lord I can go into the Shelter of the Most High and seek refuge. Peacefulness as a child can return and comfort me. You who never leave us nor forsake us, even when we might turn away from you, or take the wrong path. You, Lord who waits for us with all the peacefulness we desire and need. Thank You Jesus I love You, not enough, no never!

God Bless Indeed
recj/LJG

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home