Thursday, May 31, 2007

HOW TO PRAY PART FIVE

Before I start on the Armour of God I want to tell you what I just finished watching. Billy Graham is probably the best-known evangelist in the world. He has traveled to over 80 countries, and spoke with more world leaders then anyone I can think of. He was on Praise the Lord with Jan and Paul Crouch. Paul asked him if there was one thing that he could do differently in his life what would it be. Billy Graham did not pause as he answered study and pray more. This should tell you something. Even someone who has been mightily used by God feels they should spend more time with God.

Think about that.

The Armour of God, what is it and why do we need to have it.

Ephesians 6:10-18 (King James Version)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
There it is, but lets talk about each part. For the complete article go to www.crossroad.to/Victory/Armour.htm. Or just click here. I am using this site because it gives the most in-depth explanation that I could find, in words that are much better then my own.

God's Armor Know the Truth about... Affirm key Scriptures
Belt of TRUTH God Deut. 4:39; Psalm 23:1; 18:1-3
Breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS The Righteousness of Jesus in you Psalm 100:3; Rom. 3:23-24, 6:23; Gal. 2:20-21; Phil. 3:8-10.
Sandals of PEACE Inner peace and readiness Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:14; John 14:27, 16:33, 20:21.
Shield of FAITH Living by faith Rom. 4:18-21; Heb. 11:1; 1 Pet. 1:6-7
Helmet of SALVATION Salvation through Christ today and forever Each day: Ps. 16, 23; Heb. 1:3-6
For eternity: 2 Cor. 4:16-18; 1 Thess. 4:17; 1 John 3:1-3
Sword of the spirit GOD'S WORD God's Word countering spiritual deception and accusations Heb. 4:12; Matt. 4:2-11; 1 Pet. 3:15; Ps. 119:110-112

THE ARMOR OF GOD:
EACH PIECE CHRISTIAN PARADIGM GLOBAL PARADIGM
Put on: Know and affirm: Recognize and resist:
Belt of TRUTH His sovereignty, love, wisdom, and holiness. (Deut. 4:39; Ps. 18:1-3) Pantheistic, monistic, polytheistic gods and goddesses.
Breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS: Jesus Christ and His blood, which cleanses us from sin. The cross which frees us from bondage to selfish nature. The natural goodness, connectedness, and sacredness of all life.
Sandals of PEACE Our peace through our union and ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ. Peace through occult practices and union with a cosmic force or nature spirits.
Shield of FAITH Our continual trust in God, His Word, and His promises. Trust in Self, inner wisdom, dreams, visions, gods, goddess, cosmic force, coincidences, etc.
Helmet of SALVATION God's promises of daily and eternal salvation in Jesus Christ. Evolving spiritually by growing in consciousness staying tuned to the cosmic mind.
Sword of the Spirit, His WORD The power of God's Word to counter deception and triumph over spiritual foes. The power of thoughts, words and affirmations to change reality and direct spiritual forces.

He is Truth, the filter and reference point of all I see and hear, who has filled my pockets with priceless promises.
He is my Righteousness who has cleansed and renewed me, so that I may stand spotless and beautiful before my King.
He is my Peace who comforts me with the assurance of His sovereignty, wisdom, and love.
His Faith is in me, shielding me from fear, doubt, and despair.
He is also my past, present, and future Salvation who already saved me from guilt and condemnation. He saves me today from every trial and will one day exchange this decaying, earthly body for a fresh, new, beautiful body.
He is the victorious Word with power to win every battle. He is everything I need to live, walk, and work triumphantly every day.
Next, I take each piece of His armor by faith, affirm its basic truth, and apply it to myself.
Thank You for Your truth. I will count on all the wonderful things You have shown and promised me.
Thank You for Your righteousness in me. You have made me holy, precious and beautiful in Your sight (Isaiah 43:1-4, 25; Ephesians 1:4, 2:1-10).
Thank You for the peace I have in and with You. Keep me still in Your presence as we work together this day. Let Your peace flow through me to others John 14:27, 16:33).
Thank You for the gift of faith. I will believe and proclaim Your sovereignty, wisdom, love, and triumph no matter what confronts me (Galatians 2:20).
Thank You for eternal salvation. I count on You to bring me safely and triumphantly through every challenge of this day. Keep my heart set on the encouraging hope of Your final salvation, which will bring me face-to-face with You, my King (Romans 5:8-10, 8:23; 1 Thessalonians 5:8-9; 1 John 3:3).
Thank You for Your Word. Show me which Scripture will bring triumph in my thoughts and emotions today (Ephesians 6:17).

Each day we have to protect ourselves. Put on your Armour before you do anything and then see what happens.

God Bless
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home