Monday, January 28, 2008

MORNING BY MORNING

WORD OF WISDOM
DAY ~ The Jews reckoned the day from sunset to sunset (Leviticus 23:32). It was originally divided into three parts (Psalm 55:17). "The heat of the day" (1 Samuel 11:11; Nehemiah 7:3) was at our nine o'clock, and "the cool of the day" just before sunset (Genesis 3:8). Before the Captivity the Jews divided the night into three watches, (1) from sunset to midnight (Lamentations 2:19); (2) from midnight till the cock-crowing (Judges 7:19); and (3) from the cock-crowing till sunrise (Exodus 14:24). In the New Testament the division of the Greeks and Romans into four watches was adopted (Mark 13:35).

The division of the day by hours is first mentioned in Dan. 3:6, 15; 4:19; 5:5. This mode of reckoning was borrowed from the Chaldeans. The reckoning of twelve hours was from sunrise to sunset, and accordingly the hours were of variable length (John 11:9).

The word "day" sometimes signifies an indefinite time (Genesis 2:4; Isaiah 22:5; Hebrews 3:8, etc.). In Job 3:1 it denotes a birthday, and in Isaiah 2:12, Acts 17:31, and 2 Timothy 1:18, the great day of final judgment

Source: Easton's Bible Dictionary
Psalm 5:3 (King James Version) 3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

Each day my Lord You listen for me and hear me. I shall look up, and looking up I do so in expectation. Your Word promises me that You will hear me. Your word will not return to You void.

It is another day and You Lord my God have given it to me. The sun may not shine, it might rain on my picnic. But I am awake for another day and Lord I know You. You are a part of my life. You love me and care for me.

It is easy to see why and how Mr. Rogers could sing each day ‘it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.’

Today look at the gift of life that has been given to you. Look past the storm clouds that might tarry overhead. New beauty arrives. Each day is a new day in the Lord. A new beginning.

This is the day that the Lord has made and I will be glad and rejoice in it Psa 118:24. I am blessed with the Lord and I am blessed in the Lord. This is a day that God has given to me, I shall be glad and rejoice in it.
God Bless,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home