Thursday, January 24, 2008

REBELLION

Deu 31:27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death?

Jos 22:22 The LORD God of gods, the LORD God of gods, he knoweth, and Israel he shall know; if [it be] in rebellion, or if in transgression against the LORD, (save us not this day,)

1 Sam 15:23 For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king.

Eza 4:19 And I commanded, and search hath been made, and it is found that this city of old time hath made insurrection against kings, and [that] rebellion and sedition have been made therein.

Neh 9:17 And refused to obey, neither were mindful of thy wonders that thou didst among them; but hardened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage: but thou [art] a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsookest them not.

Job 34:37 For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth [his hands] among us, and multiplieth his words against God.

Pro 17:11 An evil [man] seeketh only rebellion: therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him.

Jer 28:16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will cast thee from off the face of the earth: this year thou shalt die, because thou hast taught rebellion against the LORD.

Jer 29:32 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will punish Shemaiah the Nehelamite, and his seed: he shall not have a man to dwell among this people; neither shall he behold the good that I will do for my people, saith the LORD; because he hath taught rebellion against the LORD.

Here are a several facts for yall to think about...
1 rebellion is only mentioned 9 times and only in the Old Testament
2 sin is mentioned 448 times in 389 verses in both the Old Testament and New Testament
3 iniguity is mentioned 278 times in 262 verses again in both the Old and New Testament
4 witchcraft is as sin. Which king was killed after being warned by Samuel not to use it anymore? Saul of course.
5 stubbornness is as iniguity and idolatry.
6 idolatry is mentioned 5 times in 5 verses once in the Old Testament and 4 times in the New Testament.

Next lets look at the meaning of the above 6 words as shown in the King James Bible
1 rebellion active opposition to authority
2 sin disobedience of God's law
3 iniguity the depth of sin
4 witchcraft attempt to foretell the unknown by occult means
5 stubbornness self-will
6 idolatry worship of idols

I know, I know not one of us have any of these things in our life's. Well, I have to be the first to admit I do have them all in my life. Not as much as I did before I came back to the Lord. rECj and me were raised in the same church. We heard the same teachings over and over again. Little did we know that those very words we thought we had forgotten would be the very ones that would bring us back from the depth of sin. We had rebellion in our lives. We actively had opposition to (God's) authority. Oh yes, we were and are, least I catch myself even now, stubborn. We thought we would be better off living by our own self-will. Oh boy were we wrong about that. On this one I can't speak for rECj but I can't honestly remember if I seeked out anyone that would attempt to foretell the unknown by occult means. But you better know that I am asking God to show me so I can get forgiveness for that sin. From the above scriptures we see that death is the end result for rebellion unless we repent unless we have taught rebellion to others. I am here to tell you this, this period of my life was the worse I think I have ever know. Everything was a struggle, I could never get ahead. I was so empty and lonely. All because I had shut God out of my life.

I can say this with upmost authority, we are still stubborn. But it is no longer in our self-will it is now in God's self-will. We are so stubborn that it takes a lot to change our minds, rarely happens as a matter of fact, when it comes to God. We read our Bibles, we live for God. He is the joy of our lives. When someone says something that I know or not sure it is in the Bible, I hand them my Bible and tell them to "prove it." Do we know every thing in the Bible. Of course not. We know what we know and we don't mind telling others that we know what we know. If you or anyone else can show me in the Bible that what I think is wrong, then I will quickly say I'm sorry to you and go straight to God and repent. Do I live a perfect life? Again, of course not. We won't ever be perfect til we reason the full age of muturity. That won't happen til we reach heaven.

As you can see I save idolatry for the last. I was raised that we were not to have any craven image before us. I was not to bow down to anything or anyone except the Living God. What is a graven image? Anything that attempts to take the place of God. Let me ask yall this...Can an idol reach out and touch you? Can an idol cry with you when you are going thru some horrible thing in your life? Can and idol speak to you? No they can't. Only God can do all these things and so much more for and to us.

I am going to close with these scriptures. Now a lot of yall ain't gonna want to know or hear this but here are the scriptures anyway...

1 Corn 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

1 Corn 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

1 Corn 10:19-20 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I [say], that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

1 John 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

1 Thess 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

Please remember, PRAYER IS A FREE GIFT FROM GOD, use it freely.

God's blessing to each of you,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home