Saturday, January 19, 2008

SUNDAY EDITORIAL

I want to highlight some news that came my way this week. The new dollar coin does not have “In God We Trust” on it. Please do as I intend to do, as the person who sent me the news is doing. If handed this coin hand it back and ask for your change some other way and e-mail others and let them know about it. As Christians we need to stand together on the issues that concern us.
Tom Cruise has certainly been in the news this week. LJG and I wrote in an in-depth study about different beliefs that included Scientology. It is up to us to not support any movies, music or other things that are endorsed by people such as this.
Okay am I making it hard on any of us by saying these things? No I do not believe so. If I choose to support and accept these products then I am saying that I have no problem with them. I cannot believe I would walk up and put money in Tom Cruise’s pocket, but by buying products endorsed, or movies that include him, then yes that is what we are doing.
I do not expect all Believers to agree on everything, and until Jesus comes again there will be differences in things such as Paul was speaking of in these scriptures.
Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, [Ye must] be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no [such] commandment:

Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

If you choose to be circumcised then okay, if not it is still good. Meat or not meat. Long dresses or not, if it keeps you in line with the word then I am happy for you. But on the whole we need to stand together, united we stand and divided we fall. It did not take many to stand for God and it still doesn’t. A few in God can do more then many out of God.
I am of course not speaking of things like worshipping statues or such. We cannot and do not support claims and traditions such as this. There is a line there that is drawn in the sand, one that we do not want to step over. We are responsible for what we know, and that which we don’t, God can and will open the doors for us to see, if we seek Him.

What I am speaking of is not supporting these items by buying them, or receiving these coins as change. Will it make our life’s a little uncomfortable, maybe? Still though I know Whom it is that supports me, and it is not those stores. I am not being extreme, there are stores that sell things that we do not endorse, I am asking that we walk by those products and not buy them. We have to take a stand for what we believe in.
God bless each of you,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home