Tuesday, March 11, 2008

EVEN AS YOUR SOUL PROSPERS

3 John 1 (King James Version)
1 The elder unto the well beloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth. 2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 5 Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers; 6 Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well: 7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles. 8 We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellow helpers to the truth. 9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. 10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church. 11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God. 12 Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true. 13 I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee: 14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.

John is writing here to
his beloved friend Gaius. Gauis was a man who lived in and lived out the truth of Jesus. John speaks of Gauis’ faithfulness in whatever he does, not only for his brothers but also for strangers.
This letter could be written to any one of us today, by one of our elders. We are to encourage others, when we know their walk is true. Not to long ago one of our writers sent us an award. We are very much aware that God is our source and we give Him all the credit. That award said to us, job well done. It did not lift our feet off the ground; we continue to write as we always have. It let us know that we are encouraging others.
LJG and I had talked were we reaching anyone, we saw nothing, and we heard nothing. Okay maybe we don’t but we will not stop until the LORD tells us to. Within days of that conversation people started leaving messages and comments. LJG and I have had these sites up for close to two years, no responses. Did it matter; no we knew in our hearts that the Lord had led us to do them.

What is important is we listened to the Lord. The award would seem to some to be simple, not a real award. To us it was God saying well-done good and faithful servant, you stuck it out, you stood. We need to encourage others in their walk for the Lord. What to you might be the simplest remark could be just the word that person needs to hear. Even as your soul prospers. Everyone wants to hear that they have accomplished something. I encourage you today to take a few minutes and call some people, write a note, send e-mail, let someone know that that you have seen the walk they walk. Let someone know that they have encouraged you.
Now to each one of you our readers; thank you, thank you for the part you are in our life’s. May our Father above bless you going out and coming in. May you receive encouragement in the walk that He has given you. If you do not know the walk He has for you, we pray that He will open your eyes to that special assignment that is for you and only you. May you continue to grow in Him, and of Him. May the blessing of our Father give you joy in every area of your life. As your soul prospers so shall your life. May your soul grow in strength and knowledge. God bless you each according to the riches that our Father has. Amen
rECj and I are in touch with each other daily. We do tell each other about ourselves when are beginning to get out of line in our walk with God. But the important things that come to my mind is that she never fails to give me joy, peace and most important love. It is the love that only God can give. We keep each grounded. We always know that the other is there no matter what. No, we do not allow agree but we are able to say what is important to us knowing that the other one will understand and give us the help that we are so in need of.
rECj's words for today brings back to mind a good friend of mine. Last year she was going thru a really bad time. Her own mama had rejected her because of the life she was living. So she came to me. As we sat at my dining room table, I listened to her and her troubles, and all of a sudden God put these words in and out of my mouth, "I'm not here to judge you, I am here to love you." She really broke down then and came to me and we hugged each other til she had composed herself. Jesus said, Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man John 8:15., and And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world John 12:47.
Our soul will never prosper until we put God's love in our hearts. Please reach out to someone today. We love each of you.
God Bless,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home