Thursday, March 04, 2010

LOVE IS NOT A ROSE

Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed
Some say love, it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love, it is a hunger
An endless aching need
I loved this song--when I was in the world--because it described the love I saw and felt in this cold hard world.
Then I found AGAPE LOVE--the never ending love of Jesus. I found that many things I thought were not love, were in fact love, in the only way someone had to express love.
As we grow in the Lord and experience His powerful Love, it becomes easier to look at others with love.
I can also look at the last verses and see that:
When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long
And you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong -- Instead of the following:
[Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed
That with the sun's love, in the spring
Becomes the rose]
I can read it this way:
Just remember when Jesus came into my life
And washed away all my bitterness
There was a seed
That with Jesus's love, in my growth
Let me becomes the Child of Christ.

God Bless Indeed
rECj/LJG

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home