Saturday, May 07, 2011

IF

A few days ago I received an email from my baby sister saying she dreamed she was sitting in my lap. Now for any one who really knows me anything you say or do around me can end up in an article. So Baby Girl thanks for the lead on this one.
Going back. What a good thought. We have all said things like: if I would have known; oh to be young again. We think back to things of old. I remember getting as close to Momma as I could after I got to old for her lap, just to be a close as possible. I would give anything to do that now. I remember one day it hit me: Lord who will be praying for me now? Yes going back would be nice.

How many of us have asked the Lord to take us back to where we first believed? Remember those first hours, days, weeks. He was our everything and then slowly we went back into the world and well we all know what happened. First it was one thing and then another.

Now to think about it, it would seem that we would want to be further along with Him then we were at the beginning of this relationship. Honestly many have never grown past that to higher ground, so we desire the best we remember of our time with Him. To others who have gone to that higher ground, it is the sense of that newness we had that first time.

When we first believed we did it with no questions, no doubts, complete innocence. We believed He could and would do anything. We believed in that total love, agape love. We had our eyes on Him and Him only not on anything in our life.

Take us back to where we first believed. Take us back to the belief we had that He loved us in spite of who we were and are. Think of it this way: if He loved you with all that sin on you, then He certainly would not give up on us now. He is not going to give up on the house He is building, He is not finished with you, BUT He knows the final floor plan.

God Bless
Recj/LJG

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home