Sunday, October 15, 2006

TO PROSPER OR NOT

Ever wonder why we don't prosper? Well, lets see if we can figure it out.

First of all: Malachi 3:8-12; Will a man rob God? Ye are cursed with a curse; Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove (test) me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. (see also Prov. 3:9) And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes; and all nations shall call you blessed.
Second of all: Leviticus 27:30-34; And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's, it is holy unto the Lord. And if a man will at all redeem aught of his titles, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof. And concerning the tithe of the herd or flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the Lord. He shall not search whether it be good or bad, neither shall he change it.......These are the commandments which the Lord commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.
Third of all: 3 John 2; Beloved, I wish above all things that thou may prosper and be in health, even as they soul prospereth.

Do you think I started out with the wrong one? I don't think so and here is why I feel that way. The first tells us what we should do, the second tells us why we should do it and the third tells us how to do it.

So, good for you, you picked up on the "be in health." Now you are thinking, "why do some Christians not have "health?" Does the scripture say anything about "GOOD, or BAD HEALTH?" Nope. To some Christians, I'm talking about me now, who have disabilities just think of them as one of many a thorn in our sides. Just because we belong to God doesn't mean that we won't have the same problems as the non Christians. The same will be visited on the saved as well as on the unsaved, according to God.

It is how we use and think about our "thorns" that matter (Rom. 15:1-2). I have health. I don't walk as fast as I once did, I don't talk and breath at the same time real well anymore, but other than that I am in health. I can witness to others who have these problems better than someone who doesn't. One of these days I will be running, shouting, singing, talking and breathing better than ever. OK, so it may be when I go home to be with God. But then who knows what is just around the next corner? I don't. Do you?

God's blessing to each of you,
LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home