Thursday, October 04, 2007

LETS TALK ABOUT SEX BABY

Okay you thought I went there yesterday, well no not the way I am going to do today. Let’s do talk about sex, the sex that God intended to be between a man and a woman.

First we look at the Bible and we see that God must have intended for it to be long lasting as Abraham, age 100, and Sarah, age 90, had a child.

Genesis 17:17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? And shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? Abraham laughed, laughed with joy that he was to have a child, or laughed with joy that his union with Sarah would produce a child. You think on that one a bit.

Genesis 18:11-12 11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. Yes it is speaking of menopause here. 12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? Much can be imagined but still even after Isaiah was born, Abraham took another wife and had other children. Genesis 25 1 Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah. 2 And she bare him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah. So the man wasn’t impotent.

Now I can just about imagine what Sarah was thinking, a doctor had told me I could not have any more children, and then they told me I was pregnant. To be honest I was still in childbearing age, but I was like you got to be kidding. But the part that strikes me is she says “I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my Lord being old also.” Now you can tell me all day that she was talking about a child, but again I do believe she was speaking of the pleasure of that intimate relationship between a husband and wife.

Yes I do believe that God intended for men and woman to enjoy each other, and not just for producing children. Yes I said that and I will say more. Sex is not for you to be pleasing yourself, it is for you to please your partner, and by that I mean your wedded spouse of the opposite sex.

Let us look at Song of Solomon. The Song of Songs is a set of poems written about the love between a man and a woman. Jews and Christians alike have used them as examples of God’s love for Israel, and Christ’s love for His bride the church. I agree with that, I do believe that it is comparing the true God given love between a man and woman to the love that God has for us.

The Songs explore the feelings, hopes, fears, and the passion between a couple. It is a celebration of male and female sexuality. And yes it speaks of the erotic delight they take in each other’s bodies. Commitment is central to the whole relationship. It speaks of sexual enjoyment throughout the entire book. It is also in line with Biblical teachings.

The Bible plainly tells us what God has put together let man not separate. Matthew 19:4-6 (King James Version) 4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. It also says the marriage bed is undefiled which means pure. Hbr 13:4 Marriage [is] honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Below I have taken some of the verses of Song of Solomon and put them into a condensed version. Read it as you would a poem. Look at the love between this man and woman.
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth;
for thy love is better than wine.
Draw me, we will run after thee:
the king hath brought me into his chambers:
we will be glad and rejoice in thee,
we will remember thy love more than wine:
the upright love thee.
A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me;
he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.
His left hand is under my head,
and his right hand doth embrace me.
Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins,
which feed among the lilies.
How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse!
how much better is thy love than wine!
and the smell of thine ointments than all spices!
Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb:
honey and milk are under thy tongue;
and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.
A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse;
a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.
My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door,
and my bowels were moved for him.
My beloved is white and ruddy,
the chiefest among ten thousand.
His head is as the most fine gold,
his locks are bushy, and black as a raven.
His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the rivers of waters,
washed with milk, and fitly set.
His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as sweet flowers:
his lips like lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh.
His hands are as gold rings set with the beryl:
his belly is as bright ivory overlaid with sapphires.
His legs are as pillars of marble, set upon sockets of fine gold:
his countenance is as Lebanon, excellent as the cedars.
His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely.
This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.
I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine:
he feedeth among the lilies.
My dove, my undefiled is but one;
she is the only one of her mother,
she is the choice one of her that bare her.
The daughters saw her, and blessed her;
yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.
Who is she that looketh forth as the morning,
fair as the moon, clear as the sun,
and terrible as an army with banners?
How beautiful are thy feet with shoes,
O prince's daughter!
the joints of thy thighs are like jewels,
the work of the hands of a cunning workman.
Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor:
thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies.
Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins.
Thy neck is as a tower of ivory;
thine eyes like the fishpools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim:
thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus.
Thine head upon thee is like Carmel,
and the hair of thine head like purple;
How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights!
This thy stature is like to a palm tree,
and thy breasts to clusters of grapes.
I said, I will go up to the palm tree,
I will take hold of the boughs thereof:
now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine,
and the smell of thy nose like apples;
And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved,
that goeth down sweetly,
causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak.
I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.
Set me as a seal upon thine heart,
as a seal upon thine arm:
for love is strong as death;
jealousy is cruel as the grave:
the coals thereof are coals of fire,
which hath a most vehement flame.
Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can the floods drown it:
if a man would give all the substance of his house for love,
it would utterly be contemned.

God Bless,
rECj/LJG

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Psa 15:4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. [He that] sweareth to [his own] hurt, and changeth not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home