Thursday, March 27, 2008

I WILL LOVE YOU, O LORD



WORD OF WISDOM
ROCK ~ (Hebrews tsur), employed as a symbol of God in the Old Testament (1 Samuel 2:2; 2 Samuel 22:3; Isaiah 17:10; Psalm 28:1; 31:2, 3; 89:26; 95:1); also in the New Testament (Matthew 16:18; Romans 9:33; 1 Corinthians 10:4). In Dan. 2:45 the Chaldaic form of the Hebrew word is translated "mountain." It ought to be translated "rock," as in Habakkuk 1:12 in the Revised Version. The "rock" from which the stone is cut there signifies the divine origin of Christ.

Source: Easton's Bible Dictionary

Psalm 18:1-3 KJV 1 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. 2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
AMP 1 I LOVE You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength. 2 The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. 3 I will call upon the Lord, Who is to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.
JEWISH BIBLE 1 And he said: I love thee, O HaShem, my strength. 2 HaShem is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my G-d, my rock, in Him I take refuge; my shield, and my horn of salvation, my high tower. 3 Praised, I cry, is HaShem, and I am saved from mine enemies.

I like looking at the different translations. The only difference we see here is that the Jewish translation does not use the word God. How odd isn’t it, when you think about it. Here the chosen people of God, those that do not even believe Jesus has arrived yet, will not speak His name.

Have we reached a place where we do use His Name without thought? I am not speaking of cussing. Are we using His Name with the reverence of respect, and fear that we should?

We should be comfortable with talking to Christ. We are to have a personal relationship with Him. We are to come to Him with any and everything that is in our life’s, good and bad. What I am asking is do we speak His Name with the reverence that is due Him?

Oh my God, yes I think we have all said it. Lord would you look at this! What now Lord? I think you get the idea. These expressions can be used in quite a good way, and in a bad way. It depends on how it is spoken. We use God’s Names too easily. Kind of like the word love.

I intend to monitor myself the next few days and see just how I do use His Names. If I catch myself I will repent, ask forgiveness and ask for deliverance from carelessly using His Names. How about you?

God Bless,
rECj/LJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home