Saturday, May 31, 2008

SATURDAY EDITORIAL

Last week, as ya'll know, I asked the question: "how do you know you are saved?" Well, our two faithful comment makers gave what to them is the reason for their being saved. They are both very good answers, as I am sure you will agree. That is the answers that most of us give when asked the very same question.

But, if you will just bear with me for a minute, I have another question, what about knowing and obeying the voice of our Lord?

How many of us are so unsure of His precious voice that we have to ask Him a 100 times a day for a week if that is really Him? By the time we are sure it is Him talking to us it is too late for us to do whatever it was He wanted us to do in the first place. He just plain went and found another one to do His biding.

We have been doing a series of articles on using the Gifts that God has bestowed on us. Betty knows that God is talking to her through these articles. She didn't have to ask Him if that is Him talking to her. She just knows. How does she know? Because like Barbara says, being filled with the Holy Ghost.

Are any of ya'll wondering to yourselves, "what if it isn't God?" So, lets talk about that for a minute. It is just plain stupid to think that satan would want you to do good to others. He who is so selfish only wants us to keep doubting and questioning so that we miss out on helping God do what needs to be done. Don't ya'll know that satan will always tell you not to be so eager to do for others and be sure to take care of yourselves first. He sure don't want any of us out doing the work of the Lord. By the way, who do you think will get the credit for our doing good deeds? God of course.

Thank you Barbara and Betty for leaving us your daily comments. By doing that you are not only using one of the Gifts from God by you are showing rECj, me and others that ya'll aren't of ashamed of God. Therefore, He who is mighty will not be ashamed of ya'll before His Father who is in Heaven. Each of you encourage rECj and me to continue in the work of the Lord.

Now how many Gifts are ya'll using?

God's Blessings to each of you,
LJG/rECj

THINK ON THIS THOUGHT:
Some read the Bible to learn and some read the Bible to hear
from heaven.

-- Andrew Murray

Keep Pressing On,
Pastor John W. Sweat, Sr.
Crossroads Baptist Church
(904)376-5049

FAITH
SATURDAY EDITORIAL
Comment from: lv2trnscrb
"for me it is believing Jesus is the Son of God and came to earth to take the place of my sins; for dying for me sins, realizing I'm a sinner, asking him for forgiveness and asking him to be the Lord of my life and then trying to live for him every day and have a relationship with him as the Lord of my life 24/7

betty"


FAITH
SATURDAY EDITORIAL
Comment from: bhbner2him
"I know I am saved because I know He who saves me. And He has sealed me with the indwelling Holy Spirit. - Barbara
http://journals.aol.com/bhbner2him/LifeFaithinCaneyhead/"


DOUBTING THOMAS (AND MANY OF US)
Source: Christiansunite.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home