Saturday, June 14, 2008

SATURDAY EDITORIAL

Before we get into today's editorial I would just like to take this time to tell you that I am a great granny for the third time. He is just plain adorable but enough of my joy.

I was going to use the scripture for "God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to behold," but guess what it ain't in there. It is uncertain in origin, it is thought that it might have come from William Cowper's hymn "God Moves in a Mysterious Way." Yes, He does work in ways that are curious and beyond the measure of our limited experience and thinking powers.

The reason I was going to use that scripture was to show you how God has worked in my life these past few days. It all began when I received an e mail from our preacher's son telling us that his hours had been cut at work and he would gladly cut our grass if we need him to. Well, dear folks, that was an answer to my prayers.

You see my ex husband lives right next door to me and his grass was so high it was awful. The ugliest yard in whole area. Well, I e mailed him back and ask him to do the yard for me. Bless his heart he was here last Saturday morning at 7:15 and ready to go. Afterwards he came over and we must have talked about the Lord for two hours.

Let me explain this about me. I love new born's up to the age of them getting mouthy, then I think they should be done away with and then brought back when that stage of their and my live is over with. He is at the latter stage of course.

Then he came back on Wednesday morning to get the rest of his money, this time we only talked for about an hour and a half. Saturday we shook hands, Wednesday we hugged.

The really amazing part is that our young people don't think about cutting grass anymore or even talking about God and His mighty works. How He brings people together totally blew our minds. Another amazing thing is the fact that as a preacher's son he loved talking about God as much as I did. I grew up with preacher's son's and deacon's sons as well, and they certainly didn't want to be bothered with talking about God.

You know what this tells me? Our preacher and his wife, who by the way is a very wonderful person herself, is practicing what he preaches in his home. Imagine that if you can and will.

I thank God for this young man and his mama and daddy. I especially thank God that He gave me glorious opportunity to meet this young man and I am so looking forward to him coming over again.

God's Blessings to each of you,
LJG/rECj



CAN'T YOU JUST PLAIN HEAR
HIM SHOUTING ABOUT THE
FIRE AND BRIMSTONE
THAT IS AWAITING
US?

NO, OUR PREACHER ISN'T LIKE THIS
BUT I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF

Source: Christiansunite.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home