Friday, June 06, 2008

SATURDAY EDITORIAL

Lucifer

Isa 14:12 - 15 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

From early childhood we are taught that satan looks like one of the above pictures. To see the picutres mentioned please go to this url: http://clipart.christiansunite.com/Satan_Clipart/. Which is a lie. Wasn't satan called a "beautiful angel?"

Look at all the things he entices us with. There ain't nothing ugly about them The women are the prettiest, the men the most handsome. The cars are the best and newest. The houses are the biggest with all this beautiful furniture. All the places he shows us are so wonderful looking. The clothes on the men and women are the most modern, what there are of the clothes.

We aren't shown fat men and women. The men are all muscled up and the women are so thin you can count their ribs. Oh yes they are so fine it just plain takes our breath away. But in reality they will put is in places that we know deep in our hearts we should never be.

My rECj and me were talking tonight and she reminded me that there are spirits out there just waiting to jump on us and take us over. Yes, my dear folks, they really do exist. That is what the beauty of this sinful world is all about. But if we remember that Who is in us is greater than anyone the evil spirits don't stand a chance.

We need to remember when see all the beautiful things of this world that is so freely offered to us we should think of the beauty that is awaiting us. When we see a nice vacation spot lets remember not to say, " I wish I was there." Just those simple words could cause a flow in lives that we really don't need or want.

We must always be on guard with our thoughts, minds and tongue as we continue our walk with God. The beauty of this world isn't the goal we are reaching and working for.

God's blessing to each of you,
LJG/rECj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home